Monday, November 30, 2015

Review: Assassin's Heart

Assassin's Heart Assassin's Heart by Sarah Ahiers
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Celaena Sardothien (Sarah J. Maas’ Throne of Glass) meets Robin Lafevers’ His Fair Assassin meets the MAFIA. And it’s also reminds me of Leigh Bardugo’s Grisha Trilogy sans the Grishas.

OHMYGOD! IT WAS SO GOOD!
I HAVE A FEELING WITH THIS ONE. I THINK, REALLY THINK, ITS GOING TO BE ON THE TOP OF BEST SELLING CHARTS. AND IT’S GOING TO BE A BIG HIT! I RECOMMEND THIS TO EVERYONE! IT’S A MUST READ.

ALL WRITTEN IN CAPS! I AM NOT KIDDING!


*MC’s Corner*
Note: Spoilers.

• Yes it’s not the best that I’ve read from the HarperCollins Catalog for next year but it’s one of my fave. DUDE! I FINISHED IT ON ONE SITTING!

• I was just hooked from the very start. Great first chapters mean it’s going to be really good! And it is.
And dude, I’m grinning like a fool while writing this thing. (And listening to One Direction’s Made in A.M. Album)

• The concept was so good. And it was well-written. Given that the time there is IDK it’s still very realistic. I enjoyed reading Assassin’s Heart very much.

• I kinda like the ‘ghosts’ part, them roaming around the everywhere especially on the woods. Then at night… ugh! Gosh! And… when they take someone’s soul and steal the body… EPIC! AND FREAKISH.
The good thing about them too is that y the end of the story, it was explained why are they still with the living.
*thumbs up*

• The clipper thingy… as far as I know no one wrote something like that.
Clippers are assassins that are paid to kill someone. And the catch is, Clippers are only from the ‘Families’. And like in the Mafia (totally based on what I read/watch) they (Families) tried to kill each other every chance they got.

• I’m kinda sure that there’s no sequel. But please if you find a way to write one, please do. I mean it and I will totally read it! *grin*

• I honestly think those who will buy this book will definitely think that what they paid was worth it. #MONEYWELLSPENT

• Sarah Ahiers is without a doubt a author WE MUST watch out!

• #EVERYTHING

o COVER: That’s ‘the coin’ right?

o CHARACTERS: I kinda have a lil bit issue with the characters–you think with all those compliments I have no gripes about this book, hah!–when it comes to making pictures inside my head. I kinda hard to remember what the other characters looked like.
Well good thing, Lea is pretty memorable.
o STORY:
 (If it’s a play) I love that it was how the ‘acts’ were divided. And every act has different things.
 I think if you gave other readers a copy of the first part then when they read the whole thing… OH MY GOD! I just LOVE the way things happened in that. (Well, I also don’t because it’s kinda sad for Lea.)
 Memorable scenes. The whole story? When I think of it, theres just a sequence of scenes palying inside my head. *thumbs up
o MARKET: I RECOMMEND IT TO ALL!
o READ IT AGAIN? ABSOLUTELY!

• GET YOU COPIES!

ARC provided by HarperTeen (HarperCollins Publishers) & Edelweiss in exchange of honest review. Thank you!

@gleekidMC


View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment