Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Review: True Letters from a Fictional Life

True Letters from a Fictional Life True Letters from a Fictional Life by Kenneth Logan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

True Letters from a Fictional Life
by Kenneth Logan [ARC REVIEW]


I love the whole concept of this book. On my perspective, as gay (not closeted) I felt everything he’s feeling. It was very realistic and people will relate and respond to this.

*MC’s Corner*
Note: Spoilers.

• James Liddell – he’s kinda popular guy in school, maybe not that popular… let’s just say he’s part of the cool kids. The story is written on his POV, he has a girlfriend which they (other people, family etc.) thought they’re going to end up together forever. But here’s the problem (his problem), he doesn’t see it that way. He is attracted to guys, really attracted and he’s afraid to tell his family and friends about it because he is afraid of how are they going to react with it. Then he met this very cute guy named Topher… NOW WHAT?!

• Gosh! When I read that first bullet ( ↑ ) it sounded so cliché.
Well… there’s an interesting thing about this book. The letters–Oh! I just love those parts–James writes these letters (to his fictional life *grin*) that he will never ever ever going to send. These letters has words that he really wants to say to the recipient but he can’t, so he just writes them down on paper.
One day, some of the letters went missing. And people start receiving letters from James. HE DID NOT SEND THEM.
I truly love those parts where he writes them. Full of emotion floating around the air.
NOTE: James got this idea from the book he read about Abraham Lincoln.

• I’m not sure how to put it in word exactly… but I felt like there are some parts where James was so ‘gay’ and then some point that deep inside him he thinks he’s not gay. He’s reluctant about it.
For me, it makes perfect sense for him to feel that way because he’s hiding it most of his life.
So what I’m saying is Kenneth Logan really did an excellent job wring this book! *thumbs up*

• THE COVER
*grin* OH MY GOSH!
Is a crocodile (or alligator, I have no idea what that is) symbolizes something or what? And why does it look like a penis? WAHAHA. TOTALLY EYE CATCHY!!!

ARC provided by HarperTeen (HarperCollins Publishers) & Edelweiss in exchange of honest review. Thank you!

@gleekidMC


View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment