Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Golden Son by Pierce Brown (Red Rising Trilogy, #2) [ARC REVIEW]


★★★★★
GOODREADS SUMMARY: With shades of The Hunger Games, Ender’s Game, and Game of Thrones, debut author Pierce Brown’s genre-defying epic Red Rising hit the ground running and wasted no time becoming a sensation. Golden Son continues the stunning saga of Darrow, a rebel forged by tragedy, battling to lead his oppressed people to freedom from the overlords of a brutal elitist future built on lies. Now fully embedded among the Gold ruling class, Darrow continues his work to bring down Society from within. A life-or-death tale of vengeance with an unforgettable hero at its heart, Golden Son guarantees Pierce Brown’s continuing status as one of fiction’s most exciting new voices.

Gosh!
It's quite long!
I took my time reading it. I savored every page, words, and every scene. (Well it must to be that way.)

The near end part is a total bomb. It came out of nowhere, I was totally expecting it... but still...
The thrill and went up very high. At that time I just can't wait to finish it. My heart was pounding and beating so fast. And then I finished it...
I wish I didn't (not really), but seriously... (Damn! I don't know what to say! I was out of words. I was speechless. (While crying a little bit.)
I did came up with that conclusion, not exactly like that... but Pierce Brown just got this ability to make an awesome ending to much grander than it should, you are going to get your minds blown and your mouths hanging open.

PB will take you to a place that no one ever would. And he will surely make you like you are in the story.



*MC's Corner*

Note: Spoilers.
* I want to thank Del Rey...(or Random House) for approving my request on NetGalley. Even though there's a region restriction you still approved it. Thank you so much! xoxo
Whenever I make request they're always approved, I am sincerely grateful and honored, especially this, Golden Son, one of the first to read Golden Son? *scream* *squeel*
Red Rising is one of my favorite book ever. When I got approved... GOSH!
#GoldenSon #RedRisingTrilogy #BestSeriesEverInTheMaking

* Everything went very fast. There are so many things going on, so if you are not focused or your heart is not in the book you'll get lost and confused.
Even though there are many things going on, you just don't want to miss anything.
I even wanted more!

* This book will make your heart pound so fast. It was rivetting, every page held me captive. I think I had a Stockholm Syndrome... I just don't want to be free.


* It's a book about trust, honesty, loyalty, revenge, love, and friendship. It's going to test everything and every move Darrow's making.
And the gains and the costs of them.

* I think my head is going to explode.
I'm still mind blown from what happened.
I wish you guys can read it now.
...so that we can join forces and make PB finish writing book 3 or if it's finished, publish it early to its original date.

* I don't know how long I am/we are going to wait to read book3! I want it now!
I am going to 'volunteer' to enter the Hunger Games if the price is book 3 of Red Rising Trilogy. I will kill everyone on! That is how much I want it!

* The Characters;

 o Darrow au Andromedus ~ I don't know how to explain or describe this guy...
There are some parts that I got scared to him but at the same time... it was kinda how. *giggle*
*fanning my face*
I am pissed on you Darrow!
You just... basically ignored your "friends" (or allies). Well... technically they are your enemies... but still.
Ugh! Why is everything is so fucked up?!
I don't want to be on your position.
Prime luck Darrow au Andromedus

  o The (f***ing) Bellonas ~ Mother, Father, Son, Brother.
I WANT TO KILL YOU ALL!!!
I despise this family.

 o Mustang ~ SLUT! BITCH! GRRRR!!"
Where were you?

 o Ares ~ I knew it was you!!!
(So we are going to find out who Ares really is and then he is going to tell is story... and its sad.

 o Sevro ~ *grin*

 o Roque ~ !!!
I understand what you did.
It was Darrow's fault but its really not.
The Cost of Befriending a Gold. #spoiler

 o Octavia au Lune ~ freakiest villain evah!

 o Aja ~ Octavia's "guard."
Okay... where is my sword?
I want to cut off this woman's head.
(Do I have a sword? I don't know..
maybe.)

 o ArchGovernor Nero ~ I don't know how... but I kinda like him now... *grin*
There's a part when he told Darrow to call him Father... *sigh*

 o Pliny ~ another evil.
YES! GOLDEN SON GOT A BUNCH OF VILLAINS. AND YOU ARE GOING TO HATE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM!
This guy is a leech.


* #SPOILERS
(Don't read this part if you don't want spoilers.)

 o Chapter 9.
*sob*
It was heartbreaking.
Harmony is going to show and let Darrow hear what Eo, his wife, told her brother before she died.
For more than an hour, I stopped reading because of that scene.

 o On this book we are going to find out who Ares really is.
(I knew it was him/her! Goshy gosh!)
And then Darrow is going to have a new ally that he can actually trust with his secrets. (His true identity/Color.)

 o The last chapter...
I don't like what happened there. But the thing is... I don't want anything to be changed. It has this this-is-the-way-it-is-you-gotta-accept-it-and-wait-for-the-next-one-I-have-plans vibe... and its not arrogant and insulting way.
o The cliffhanger.
It was the kind of cliffhanger that will give you an idea to what is going to happen next but you just can't form or make a scene inside your head.
*banging my head on the table*
Next book please!

 o Golds are greedy. They don't care about the past. They only see the present and future. UnGRATEFUL.

* I love how everyone here accepts the homosexuality of other characters. It didn't become an issue, it was very open. Well... murder too seems to be accepted too... murders of the LowColors. They cannot murder Golds.

I advice every book readers/lovers/collectors out there to grab a copy book 1(Red Rising) before Golden Son come out! You don't want to miss it!
And I promise you that you wont regret buying it!
WORTH EVERY CENTS! 


ARC provided by Del Rey Spectra (Random House Publishing Group) in exchange of honest review. Thank you! 

@gleekidMC

0 comments:

Post a Comment