Monday, January 12, 2015

King by Ellen Oh (The Dragon King Chronicles #3) [ARC REVIEW]

★★★★★

GOODREADS SUMMARY: Girl warrior, demon slayer, Tiger spirit of the Yellow Eyes—Kira is ready for her final quest. In this thrilling finale to the Prophecy trilogy, fans will get even more of the fierce Kira and her quest to save her kingdom!

All eyes are on her. Kira, once an outcast in her home village of Hansong, is now the only one with the power to save her kingdom. She must save her cousin, the boy fated to be the future king, uncover the third lost treasure, and face innumerable enemies in order to fulfill the famed prophecy.

Kira braves a sea of tigers and battles armies of demons as she musters her inner strength and learns to trust herself, the romantic feelings for Jaewon that are growing within her, and the destiny that must be hers.

Okay…
Damn! It went very fast. I kinda want some more. Grrr!!!
I’ve been a big fan of this book since I read the first book.
I am very thankful for Harper Collins for giving me copy of King and the previous book, Warrior last year. I love this fascinating world and taking this journey with Kira and the gang. GO KANG KIRA!!! ILOVE YOU KIM JAEWON!!! *faint*

 

*MC’s Corner*

Note: Spoilers.

  • What I love about this series is when I imagine Kira and other characters I don’t imagine an actual person     I imagine an anime character (particularly the characters of The Legend of Korra.) Do that too and I promise you you’re going to enjoy it more. (It doesn’t hurt if you have a poster of the particular anime you’re going to use.) *grin*


  • If this book really happened I think it will took place somewhere in Asia right?
    They LOVE rice. And the names are Asian. I think that why I like it more because there is something Asian to it. (I am from Philippines, Southeast Asia.) 


  • I also how romance, little humor and the seriousness mixed together.
    Kira & Jaewon’s scenes are… asdfghjkl GOSH! LOVE LOVE LOVE. And then the battle part I just want to grab me some sword and join the damn war. YAH!!! Assuming I have a sword… which I don’t. I wish I do… I want a sword like the girl in Shakugan no Shana. #IamgonnagoogleitbecauseIthinkIwrotethewrongspelling


  • Unfortunately, there are some deaths. (Authors love killing some characters that the readers tend to love e.g. Finnick f***ing Odair, The Hunger f***ing Games )


  • The ‘war’ & Dragon Fulang’s part really went very fast. I wish it didn’t I want it be gorier.


  • Dear Ellen Oh,
    Write some more book/series like this and I am going to read ‘em all.
                 
 ARC provided by HarperTeen (HarperCollins Publishers) &Edelweiss in exchange of honest review.  Thank you!

@gleekidMC

0 comments:

Post a Comment