Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Review: The Mirror King

The Mirror King The Mirror King by Jodi Meadows
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

*REVIEW FOR BOOK 1 & 2*

Honestly, I read the first book because I have the ARC for the second one. *grin*
I had the ARC for the first, but its only has a couple of chapters, so I never read it. *grin* blah blah blah…

Surprisingly, it was pretty good. I liked it a lot. And when I finished it, I got excited to read the next one. *thumbs up*

Now… if I compare it to Jodi Meadows’ previous Series, New Soul, I prefer that.

*MC’s Corner*
Note: Spoilers.
• (BOOK 1) I want to know more about the ‘magic’, I wanna know where it came from and maybe the origin of it.

• It seems those wraiths were so easily killed, I wonder why other people or maybe some guards (in there) can’t kill them. Why wait for the Black Mask to do the job?

• Also, I felt like everything Wilhelmina does is so easy even the circumstances are not. It’s hard to believe, for me. I get the she’s kickass and everything… still, tone it down a bit.

• The story is really good and memorable. I think of this book and instantly I get series of scenes inside my head. Kudos for that.

• The cover (book 1), I really don’t get it.

• Finished second book.
I’m pretty sure there’s no third book coming, no?

• I’m not sure, I felt like there are some missing parts (book 2), maybe it was really like that or just my ARC. Hmmm…

• I did not use the map. EVER. I don’t get the purpose of it.

• Black Knife and Wil… I wish they had more moments here on Mirror King. You know?
This is the time I want to put a pinch of romance, it lacks a bit. But you nailed their chemistry, I felt it.

• TWISTS- hmmm… there are more than a couple of them. Good and fun ones… wahaha!
I love (SPOILER ALERT) the one about James. I did not see that coming. OOOh!

• I still don’t understand why these wraiths are killing people. Doesn’t make sense to me.
(Answering my own question)
Why does someone commits murder? *raise left eyebrow*

• Both books are good; forget my blah blahs up there. I did enjoy them, no kidding. My gripes are mostly technicalities. Don’t mind them.

• MARKET – perfect for Young-Adult books readers. I approve! *thumbs up*

ARCs provided by Katherine Tegen Books (HarperCollins Publishers) & Edelweiss in exchange of honest review. Thank you!
OCT 2014 & SEPT 2015


@gleekidMC


View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment