Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Dreamland by Robert L. Anderson [ARC REVIEW]

★★★★

GOODREADS SUMMARY: Odea Donahue has been able to travel through people’s dreams since she was six years old. Her mother taught her the three rules of walking: Never interfere. Never be seen. Never walk the same person’s dream more than once. Dea has never questioned her mother, not about the rules, not about the clocks or the mirrors, not about moving from place to place to be one step ahead of the unseen monsters that Dea’s mother is certain are right behind them.

Then a mysterious new boy, Connor, comes to town and Dea finally starts to feel normal. As Connor breaks down the walls that she’s had up for so long, he gets closer to learning her secret. For the first time she wonders if that’s so bad. But when Dea breaks the rules, the boundary between worlds begins to deteriorate. How can she know what’s real and what’s not?



I think the most interesting part started at the very end.
This is just the ‘prequel’ for the next one.
Which I think there should be a prequel before this. It kinda started very heavy… I was looking for some support.


*MC’s Corner* 
Note: Spoilers.

• I honestly didn’t write any notes while I was reading it. Not because I was too focused on reading it just that I really don’t have anything that I can write. Maybe 70 percent of it didn’t interest me…
But I do sincerely think the concept is great. As I was saying awhile ago the last part started at the very end. It was… and if there is going to a sequel I am going to read it. (Well… if HarperCollins will still give me ARCs then. *grin*)

• If a book is a food… a writer is a chef… I guess some food have this special ingredient that people love and they keep on coming back and recommends it to some of their friends. 
Dreamland is a food that is perfectly cooked and well seasoned… the thing is it doesn’t have an oomph that will make other people like it too. Many will like it but I think some of them will choose to try another food.

• I recently made this ‘shelf’ on my head, literally. Dreamland belongs to this.
BOOKS FOR THOSE WHO ARE READING JUST TO PAST TIME NOT FOR THOSE READERS THAT MADE READING A HOBBY.

• There’s nothing to gripe on this book. The writing is okay, the concept is good, the characters are not annoying blah blah blah and the cover is awesome. 


ARC provided by HarperTeen (HarperCollins Publishers) &Edelweiss in exchange of honest review. Thank you! 

@gleekidMC

0 comments:

Post a Comment