Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (Red Queen Trilogy #1) [ARC REVIEW]

★★★★★
GOODREADS SUMMARY: 
The poverty stricken Reds are commoners, living under the rule of the Silvers, elite warriors with god-like powers.

To Mare Barrow, a 17-year-old Red girl from The Stilts, it looks like nothing will ever change.

Mare finds herself working in the Silver Palace, at the centre of
those she hates the most. She quickly discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy Silver control.

But power is a dangerous game. And in this world divided by blood, who will win?
Today, I vow that if Red Queen didn’t make it to the Top Ten Best Selling books list–any list–a week after it was published I am not going to read books for a whole week.

Red Queen is a TO-READ Book after The Hunger Games, Divergent & The Selection.


Pierce Brown’s Red Rising meets Suzanne Collins’ The Hunger Games meets Kiera Cass’ The Selection meets Brandon Sanderson’s Steelheart meets Sarah J. Maas’ Throne of Glass.
 Red Queen is 2015 MUST READ!
I WANT THE BOOK TWO!

*MC’s Corner*

Note: Spoilers.
  • I love the plot. One of the best that I’ve read.
  • I am excited for this book. I can’t for it to come out and everyone to read it.
    And I really want the book two.

  • If you want some Dystopia book add Red Queen to your list.
  • Ang ganda nya grabe!!! NAKAKLOKA NG BONGANG BONGA!

  • I am the type of reader that I put notes on my books; nonsense notes, some questions and sometimes I wrote theories.
    DAYUM! I wrote A LOT of notes on Red Queen. And what I actually liked about it is, whenever I got some question they were all answered. Victoria Aveyard thought of everything, she looked on every side and every corners of the story.
    She created this world and it’s just… I don’t know how to explain it but *I am making some hand gestures right know, I am speechless*
    *cough*
  • One thing is very clear though, I am now a fan of Victoria Aveyard.
  • The writing style is just right for it. Flawless.
  • I don’t have problem or some unanswered question. Well except when is the book two coming? *grin*
  • The people in Red Queen are divided well… separated into two. The Reds and the Silvers. (Much like in Red Rising: The Reds and the Golds.)

  • The Reds –are like slaves… they are slaves; they pretty much do everything for Silvers. It’s a cruel world for them.
  • The Silvers –they control almost, ALMOST, everything. On Red Rising the Golds are gods, the difference between them and Silver–no not the name­–are the Silvers, all of them got something special. They are like the “Epics” on <i>Steelheart</i>. They’ll have special powers, inhuman abilities and they are all power hungry.
    And… they bleed silver. Yes their blood is silver. When they blush… they were… paling???

QUESTION: Dear Victoria Aveyard,
*cough* This is an innocent question… and I am just wondering.
Do female Silvers have monthly bleeding???

  • The Characters: 


  • Mare Barrow –she is the protagonists. She’s a Red. A different kind of Red. She supports her family by pick pockets. Yes! She is a thief. That’s all she knows what to do. She just waiting for her 18th birthday to join conscription like his three older brothers. She’s going to be mixed up with the Silvers. That’s all I am spoiling. It’s really hard to explain her journey without spoiling the story.
  • I think, right now, she is my favorite female Dystopian character. Ranked first over Katniss Everdeen & America Singer.  I like her very much.
  • DAMN! I just realized that if I wrote the guys in Red Queen it is like spoiling all of it. OH MY! Mare is a quite a slut–she’s got lots of boys all over her. (She’s not, what I said is full of exaggerations and I am just jealous.)
  • Kilorn Warren –he is of the guys I am talking about. He also is a Red and he is Mare’s best friend. He is a fisherman’s apprentice until his Master died and will be forced to conscription to fight and die in the crazy war of Silvers. And Mare is going to help to escape that fate…
  • Prince Tiberias Calore aka Cal–he is Silver and a Prince. His “power” is to control fire; they called them “burner”. (He reminded me of Roy Mustang is my favorite anime Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood.) He is the reason Mare mixed up with the Silvers…
  • Prince Maven Calore –he is Cal’s half brother and also is a “burner”. He is going to be Mare’s fiancé. Zipping my mouth now. #MajorSpoiler


Just so you know I want to ‘fangurl’ but I don’t want to clue someone… *fanning my face*

  • A piece of advice who will read Red Queen, TRUST NO ONE. Question everyone and everything. Every move made and words of the characters said.
    The last portion of the book is the best. Shocking but it made sense.


NAKAKALOKA!
I WANT BOOK TWO!!!

ARC provided by HarperTeen & Edelweiss in exchange of honest review.  Thank you!

@gleekidMC

0 comments:

Post a Comment